A hyperbole is an exaggeration of something to prove a point to someone or about something.
It is an important part of writing because it creates a better understanding of what it is that the aurthor is talking about.
Appetite
In a house the size of postage stamp
lived a man as big as a barge.
His mouth could drink the entire river
You could say it was rather large
For dinner he would eat a trillion beans
And a silo of grain,
Washed it down with a tanker of milk
As if he were a drain.
The tone of this aurthor is playful, funny.
My mood about this poem is that I feel as if I can imagine all of the things that he is describing and talking about. I think it is funny.
A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
I have died everyday
Waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
and I'll love you for a thousand more
No comments:
Post a Comment