Thursday, December 6, 2012

What does my dreams mean?

When I was younger, and for some reason I will never forget this dream, I was about 5 when I had it. My family and I were sitting inside of our patio talking, I was the only one facing towards the backyard where the pool was and there was a random snowman on the ladder of the pool (it was the middle of the summer btw.). When I looked at the snowman it turned evil & it really scared the mess out of me but when I told my family to look at it, it was normal. Nobody paid any attention to me. This happened over & over throughout the dream. Then, out of nowhere I was in a car & there was no driver, the snowman was following me in a separate car. But that's all I remember, I told everybody in my family about this dream because I was so scared. I'm not really sure what the dream meant at all, I kind of have a clue, though. Dreams about family gatherings usually represents security, warmth and love. It could also symbolize bitterness, jealousy, or more. Now that I actually think about it, I was the youngest of all the grandchildren and nieces & I got more attention than anyone else. It was kind of weird that I hardly got any attention in this dream because I got so much in reality. My mom was pregnant with my little brother at the time, about 8 months. When he was born all of the attention shifted to him. Where the snowman came from chasing me in a car without a driver, I don't know. Just like a mood ring or necklace, literature also uses colors to symbolize various different meanings. In Romeo and Juliet, when Friar Lawrence is talking to Romeo about the poison, he says something about poison not only intended for evil purposes. Poison symbolizes how society tends to take something that is beneficial and use it in a way that is harmful or deadly. The feud between the Montague’s and the Capulet’s itself is an example of this. The hate between the two families turns the love between Romeo and Juliet into something that is deadly. He says that when humans get their hands on something good, they can turn it bad, which is what they did between the love of Romeo and Juliet.

No comments:

Post a Comment